Your assignment is to implement a WordPress theme / landing page to get it looking as close to the provided design as possible.
The Designer at Bizzy Bizzy has provided you with design for a new landing page for Remotely! Your task is to build out the Child Theme and Home Page based on the designs and website copy inside the /skills-test folder.
- Download a copy of all the files in this Google Drive folder
- Start with an fresh WordPress installation and Page Builder of your choice (e.g. Divi, Elementor, Gutenberg)
- Create a child theme with a header and footer (you can leave the social media links as a # sign)
- Implement a responsive WordPress theme and home page to get it looking as close to design as possible to the desktop mockup found in the /design folder
- Font family is Roboto. You can eyeball the header sizes and sample hex codes from the mockup.
- Build out content and page layout for Home Page as seen on the mockup. Text can be found in the /copy folder
- Add hover themes to buttons and links
- Make the area with the 5 photos into a clickable photo Gallery
- Create other pages (About, Partners, Gallery, Contact and Booking) for navigation purposes, but those pages can be empty.
- Whenever possible, use CSS for gradients and shapes rather than images.
- Surprise us! Feel free to add any feature, page or design element that you think would work well.
- Best Practices: WordPress child theme development best practices
- Responsiveness: Does the theme function well on all screen sizes?
- Client Friendly: Is the home page made in a way that is easy for a Client to update later?
- Maintainability: Is the CSS written in a clean, documented and maintainable way?
- Attention to Detail: How close does the site look like the mockup?
Show Off Your Work!
Please organize, design, test, and document your theme as if it were going into production. Then when you are finished, you can either;
- Use this calendar link to schedule a Zoom meeting to show us what you’ve done
- Or you can record a screen share video to walk us through your work. Show us your process, your CSS, your theme and your home page.
Email us if you have any questions and/or send your video screen share to: email@example.com
All the best and happy WordPress theming!