We’re Hiring for These Positions
If you are interested in being considered, please fill out the form below, upload your resume, cover letter and tell us how you could fit in as a rock star on the Bizzy Bizzy team!
Click on the toggles below to see the open positions.
Hiring Full-Time WordPress Web Developer
- Pay: $24-28/hour depending on experience and skills
- 4 or 5 days / week
- Schedule is flexible but most of the work will be done during normal business hours (Central Time) Monday through Friday
Are you ready for your career to take off on an exciting adventure? Bizzy Bizzy is a small but mighty web and branding agency in Madison, WI. We’re growing and looking for a deadline-driven WordPress web developer to join our team! We need someone with a positive attitude and supreme CSS skills who loves WordPress as much as we do!
This is a full-time or 4-day workweek position in Madison, WI (your choice!). This is a full-time or 4-day workweek position in Madison, WI (your choice!). We prefer local candidates but are open to telecommuting.
Here’s Who We Are Looking For:
- You are a CSS and WordPress master with 3+ years of building WordPress websites for clients, preferably at an agency. You have loads of experience customizing WordPress child themes, using page builders and setting up plugins.
- You have a strong portfolio of past WordPress work, an innate understanding of user experience and an allegiance to web design best practices.
- You are proficient at repointing domain names, managing DNS records and are comfortable working in a variety of hosting environments.
- You are a natural problem solver who loves fixing things. You can come up with possible solutions from many angles and can always find a tutorial, forum or documentation to troubleshoot complex problems.
- You never let project details get overlooked. You lean on systems, checklists and work flow procedures to ensure quality with every job.
- Working with a team in a collaborative environment appeals to you. You enjoy both teaching others and learning from others. You are a strong communicator, comfortable interfacing directly with clients.
- You know your way around complex plugins such as Woocommerce and can set up payment gateways, variable products and a variety of shipping configurations.
- Finally, entrepreneurship gets you excited. You see the hard work our startup clients put into their businesses, and you want to support them and be a part of a growing business!
These following skills are not required but a big plus:
- Experience with Learning Management System plugins (specifically LearnDash).
- Experience setting up email clients like GSuite and Outlook.
- Expertise in technical search engine optimization.
- Experience with other software development languages.
What you get to do every day (we love our jobs!):
- Participating in our high-energy, real-time collaborative 1 Day® Website process with a talented team of writers, designers, creative directors and the client. Our 1 Days are intense, fun and soooooo satisfying. Say goodbye to never-ending website projects!
- Creating one-of-a-kind WordPress websites with a child theme framework using a combination of CSS, WordPress page builders / themes and plugins.
- Performing quality assurance on websites via testing on various devices and browsers. Quality is one of our core values!
- Putting websites live by meticulously managing DNS records and migrating files and databases.
- Managing website maintenance, security updates, and small projects for clients.
- Using project management software, our proprietary 1 Day® system, best practices and documentation for more efficient production.
- Participating in client discovery calls to help determine project scope, budget, client / user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
We offer an innovative, flexible fun-loving company culture where everyone’s ideas, background and skills are valued. Your benefits may include:
- Flexible work schedule and unpaid time off to fit your life
- Health insurance
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Paid time off
- Learning allowance
- Dental insurance
- Military leave
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Financial wellness education
About Bizzy Bizzy
Bizzy Bizzy is a progressive creative agency with a mission to help undiscovered founders accelerate their brands.
We are the creators of the 1 Day® Website. We are revolutionizing the way websites are made by working in real time with our clients and our entire team of experts to help clients launch their businesses sooner and reach their goals faster. Our innovative process is based on lean startup principles, and every high-quality website we create is tailored to each client’s brand with best practices and search engine optimization techniques.
We work to support the redistribution of business opportunities and wealth in the Midwest. We do our part in changing our community by providing innovative creative solutions and excellent customer service for our clients. As creators of the 1 Day Website and the 1 Day Branding, we save our clients time and money by bringing everyone together to collaborate in real-time in real life or online.
Our Core Values Are:
We obsess over developing innovative solutions to solve problems in business and the world. Our creative process maximizes productivity and efficiency. We’re quick on our keyboards, and we create clever solutions and smart design.
We always provide products and services we’re proud of. We consume industry podcasts like fried cheese curds, staying up to date on trends and best practices. Our process is both efficient and thorough. Even our checklists have checklists!
We value connecting with our customers, community and team. We build lasting relationships through collaboration, transparency and knowledge sharing. A bicycle built for two is always better than one!
We aim for social and economic justice in our workplace, community and the world. We give double standards the finger. We believe in “You Be You,” where people have value no matter their race, backgrounds, life experiences, and personalities.
We measure our success in the happiness of our customers and our team. We make work and life fun. We practice gratitude, kindness and compassion. Namaste. We endeavor to be a force of positive change and good in the community and the world.
Our Unique 1 Day® Process:
How can we do projects in a day that take other agencies months? Glad you asked! We’ll tell you. We designed a totally unique 1 Day® process. We work in real time with our clients for most projects to achieve extraordinary results in surprisingly little time.
We don’t believe in doing what everyone has always done. Our methods are totally innovative and unique. We have developed proprietary tools to get the job done more quickly. Once you see how much more effective working with us is, you may never want to go back to the other way of doing things.
All our services start out with a discovery session that includes deep diving into your values, your story, your aesthetic tastes, your customers and your business goals. This is how we get to know you, and sometimes through this exploration, you even get to know yourself!
We’re big on technology around here, but we know technology can’t replace the efficiency of real-time, human-to-human communication. We prefer to work in real time with our clients either in person or via all-day teleconference sessions. We believe in real collaboration, high touch service and creating unforgettable experiences.
For each project, we bring in an awesome team that may include web designers, graphic designers or writers who have specialized skills. By having real-time, high-energy collaboration, our approach is incredibly productive and powerful. Best of all, you truly get to participate in the creative process.
If this sounds like a whole lotta fun, we hope you’ll join Bizzy Bizzy in growing our 1 Day® brand in Madison and far beyond!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bizzy Bizzy is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation and training. If you require an accommodation to work based on any of these protected factors, please notify us, and we will evaluate the request and provide an accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws related to discrimination and will not tolerate the interference with the ability of any of the Company’s employees to perform their job duties. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.